29 X 2018 - New plastics economy global commitment
The Ellen MacArthur Foundation launched the New Plastics Economy Global Commitment « to eradicate plastic waste and pollution at the source » including
- 1. Eliminating “problematic or unnecessary plastic packaging” and moving “from single-use to reuse packaging models,”
- 2. innovating plastic packaging that can be “easily and safely reused, recycled, or composted by 2025,” and
- 3. circulating produced plastics by increasing plastics reuse or recycling and using it for new packaging or products.
Over 290 organizations including large drink companies signed this document. More info on https://newplasticseconomy.org.
HOD water business model is already in this view:
- ◆ the bottles are reused in a closed loop system (with a deposit system to secure it)
- ◆ all the plastic packaging are directly and properly recycled by the bottler
- ◆ this is a local business (you do not drink water bottled 500 km away)
This creates a great opportunity for our business partners.